Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
(1) In order to protect strategic employment sites, the Council should consult on an Article 4 Direction for the removal of permitted development rights for Class ZA in Part 20 of Schedule 2 of the GDPO which permitted the demolition of commercial buildings and its replacement with a block of flats or single detached dwellinghouse. This should be applied to the same strategic employment sites as the Article 4 Direction that has been agreed for the removal of permitted development rights for the change of use of offices to flats.
(2) In order to protect heritage assets in Hatfield, the Council should consult on an Article 4 Direction for the removal of permitted development rights for Class A in Part 20 of Schedule 2 of the GPDO which permits self-contained flats to be constructed on top of existing blocks of flats. This should be applied to the parts of Hatfield that were recently considered as part of a Hatfield Heritage Assessment.
(3) That the proposed Article 4 Directions be recommended to Cabinet.
(4) That the Head of Planning be granted delegated authority to prepare these Draft Schedules for public consultation.
(5) That a report be presented to the Cabinet Planning and Parking Panel and Cabinet following public consultation to decide whether to confirm these Article 4 Directions.
Publication date: 06/11/2020
Date of decision: 03/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 03/11/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 13/11/2020